Tuesday, January 15, 2013

So I'm In The Pool With My Best Friend's Ex, Right?..

The swimming pool.. It's a relatively new term.  I often refer to people who are friends, but have dated or married one another's ex-partner, as those who have swam in the same pool. Surely, everyone knows someone who has been swimming in the pool?  Or maybe you've been swimming in the same pool as one of your friends?  Nevertheless, there are opinions concerning the matter.  This is how it all started for me.

Someone I know said to me:
"I read your blog about bitch-ass-niggahs.  And I agree wit ya, Blaze, 100 percent.  But whatchu think about the sensitive dude that says that everything is okay between you and him, but you know that shit aint true."

"What do you mean?  Yall got beef or somthin'?"

"No.  It's like this," he said.  "An ole friend of mine was messin' with my baby-momma, but he aint tell me nuthin' about it.  Shit...we been knowing each other since elementary school."

"Well," I said.  "How'd you find out?"

"Through Karen."

"Who's that?"

"A girl that I was messin' wit at the time, who use to date him.  She told me that the two been messin' around for months. And that's f#cked up, Blaze...really.  Because when I told him that I was gon' marry Karen, he told me that it was cool.  But I found out later that he was all emotional about the shit."

What the...??  "So let me get this straight.  You're upset with him because he didn't tell you that he was involved with your baby-momma?  But you feel that you did it the right way when you told him that you was goin' to marry his old girlfriend."

"That's exactly what I'm sayin'.  Because when Kevin told me that he was gettin' with my ex-wife, I gave them my blessing...because he didn't hide nuthin' from me."

What the...??  Who-the-hell is Kevin?"

"One of our other buddies.  Why you ask?

 Damn.

***

So I ask you, ladies...Are there not enough men out there that you have to find someone who's been swimming in the same damn pool with one of your friends?!  And I ask you, men...Is there really such a shortage of women that you have to retrieve your goggles and submerge yourself into a tainted-ass watering hole?!  Goodness!!  There's a freakin' ocean of people out there!  I mean, there's even rivers and lakes that haven't even been tapped into yet.  Still, you choose to swap mates with your freakin' bestie!

Sigh.

I don't know...maybe it's just me. Maybe this is all a normality nowadays.  Maybe I'm not as open-minded as I thought I was..  But then again, maybe you all just like swimming in the same damn pool!!

Geesh!  Not for nothing...but if you want my advice?  Just stay out of the freakin' water.

No comments:

Post a Comment