Tuesday, July 28, 2015

3 Reasons Why Nobody Cares About a Meek Mill and Drake Beef

Nah...we don't care.  I mean, we really don't. Of course, hip-hop heads love a good beef every now and then; but overall, no one really cares about a Meek Mill and Drake hissy fit. Sure, the two are super-sensitive grown-ass men who are drawn to attention like a desert horse is drawn to water. And yes, I'm sure Nicki Minaj did voice to her new boo Meek that once upon a time someone did write a few bars for his pseudo-enemy Drake; but still, no really cares about this beef. And here are three reasons why:


Reason One:  We are seeing on a regular basis that people of color are mistreated every single day; thus real news is out there, and the average person is more society-conscious today than ever. Therefore, this little quarrel draws no true interest...well, with exception to the folks who get paid to broadcast (or create) entertainment news. But basically, all of it is sort of unimportant.  

Reason Two: Drake is no stranger to criticism. Not only is he immune to criticism, but he's managed to surpass the kicks and punches from both haters and critics alike. Let's face it, the man is super-talented...maybe a little passive, but he is super-talented. And yes, he's far more talented than Meek Mill. I mean, hey...come on now, you know it's true.

Reason Three: It'll all blow over in a week or two. And after that they'll probably do another song together just as Drake and Chris Brown did after their real beef in which more bottles and law suits flew over New York City than Mike Tyson's pigeons. And truthfully, I'll probably be the first to buy the collaboration album when it's all over (or download it for free on DatPiff.)  Yeah...I'll probably download it for free.

But still, I do give the folks who lurk in the shadows a bit of credit for keeping this "beef" thing going. Surely, units are being sold and people are getting paid; and perhaps the one who's benefiting most of all is Meek's boo-thing Nicki Minaj. I don't know why, but I got a feeling she'll end up with most of the buzz when it's all said and done. Actually, I kind of feel a little sorry for her. For the life of me it seems like poor Nicki just can't get away from these overly emotional dudes. But I don't know; I suppose they're everywhere nowadays. 

Bless their precious hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment